Judith Jamieson Registered Member (MBACP)
For many years I lived in Asia, where I worked with couples and families in the expatriate and local populations, after completing a BSc (Hons) in Psychology and a Masters degree in Counselling. While living abroad, I was struck by how much a strong relationships can improve the quality of our lives and our general functioning and when I returned to the UK, I undertook further specialist training at Tavistock Relationships, a well-known centre of excellence for relationship counselling and couple psychotherapy.
I also have a Post Graduate Diploma in Individual and Couple Psychodynamic Counselling and Psychotherapy, as well as an MSc in Psychosexual and Relationship Therapy. In addition to my private practice, I am a member of the faculty staff at Tavistock Relationships, working as Clinical Lead, a tutor and supervisor on two Masters level courses and a clinical lecturer. Through Tavistock Relationships, I also work on an IAPT project, Couple Therapy for Depression, training and supervising therapists to deliver a 20-session model of couple therapy (see here for more details about the project) and have worked on a DfE-funded Adopting Together project. I have also worked in the NHS as a Psychosexual Therapist (Chelsea and Westminster Hospital) in a very busy sexual health clinic (56 Dean Street).
As a result of my experience, I have a particular interest and experience in working with diversity and cultural sensitivity, especially:
- Cross-cultural relationships
- Same-sex relationships
- Depression and anxiety and their effects on couple relationships
- Sexual problems in relationships
- Communication difficulties
- Effects of expatriation on relationships
- Effects of trauma and abuse on relationships
Memberships of Professional Bodies
- British Association of Counselling & Psychotherapy (MBACP)
- College of Sex and Relationship Therapists (COSRT)
- British Society for Sexual Medicine (BSSM)